If you’re a DIY lover, electrician, or professional handyman, you could benefit from some heat shrink connectors. There are lots of products on the market, but none that compare to Wirefy Heat Shrink Connectors. Wirefy is one of the leading brands in this space, and they consistently produce excellent products.
At Wirefy, we'd like to give you the best electrical connector experience by providing an in-depth review that looks at our product under a microscope. You’ll see the main features and benefits, as well as how to use heat shrink connectors properly.
The Main Features Of Wirefy Heat Shrink Connectors
Wirefy Heat Shrink Connectors come with lots of key features that immediately stand out:
Already, you can tell this is a high-quality product that’s worth investing in. These features aren’t typically found in many other heat shrink connectors on the market. What’s more, boasting these features means these connectors have some unique benefits that make your jobs much easier.
The Benefits Of Wirefy Heat Shrink Connectors
In general, heat shrink connectors and heat shrink tubing have some significant benefits. Some of these include:
- The ability to protect wires against abrasion
- Can keep out dust and other contaminants that might disrupt the wiring
- You’re able to collect and organize wires in one tube/connector
- You have the ability to connect loose wires to one another and maintain a strong current
- You give wires and electrical components more structure and support, reducing the chances of them breaking
- There’s improved electrical and thermal insulation
All of these benefits are present in the Wirefy Heat Shrink Connectors set. However, the unique features of this product mean you see enhanced benefits. For example, the brazed seam barrel and adhesive nature of the connectors mean you get a much tighter seal. In turn, your wires are now completely protected from any water or moisture.
Secondly, they have a low shrink temperature, so you don’t need extreme heat to activate the adhesive and get the connector to shrink down to size.
Wirefy Heat Shrink Connectors also offer more durability and protection for the insulation. The rubber outside is designed to withstand the elements and the copper inside means it holds up against harsh forces - like someone accidentally stepping on the wire (check out our heat shrink butt connectors).
Speaking of which, the tinned lining over the copper gives better corrosion resistance. Not only is the wiring protected from water, but so are the metal parts. This means they are built to last, so you won’t have to constantly keep changing connectors due to corrosion or water damage.
What Are Heat Shrink Connectors & How Do You Use Them?
Heat shrink connectors - sometimes called heat shrink tubing - are small pieces of plastic that connect loose wires to other structures. You can either connect a wire to another wire or hook it up to a different electrical contraption. It all depends on what you’re working on, but the idea is they help connect one wire to another part of the circuit.
How do you use heat shrink connectors?
These small products are very easy to use, just follow these steps:
- Choose your connector based on your needs - for example, ring connectors attach wires to studs or posts
- Insert the wire into the heat shrink connector, ensuring it’s pressed up against the conductive tube
- Use a crimping device to crimp down on the connector - this basically melds the metal around the wire and keeps it in place
- Use a heat source to activate the adhesive and shrink the connector so the outer material wraps around the wire at the end
- Let everything cool down and give your wire a tug, it should stay in place with the connector attached
Why Choose Wirefy Heat Shrink Connectors?
Yes, there are plenty of other brands out there, but Wirefy Heat Shrink Connectors are a cut above the rest. As explained earlier, they possess all of the general benefits of heat shrink connectors but are taken to new levels.
These electrical connectors offer more durability, better insulation, enhanced waterproof capabilities, improved conductivity, and protection from corrosion. They provide you with everything you could possibly need, and the kit comes with lots of different variations to suit any task.
So, if you need heat shrink connectors, Wirefy's heat shrink connectors are the way to go.